Saturday, July 7, 2012

Swan City

As you may have noticed, many if not all of my posts have been about Chelsea FC. That is because I am a fan of Chelsea; but, I would like to apologize to those of you who are not explicitly interested in Chelsea. I am now becoming a fan of a different team; Swansea City. Several things attracted me to the Swans. 1.) Swansea plays some of the best attacking football in England. They pass like Barcelona, using triangle passes to silence opponents. 2.) Swansea is the first Welsh team to play in the Barclays Premier League ever. 3.) I like how Swansea seems to be filled with young players. Those teams, like the Tampa Bay Rays in Major League Baseball and the Oklahoma City Thunder in the National Basketball League, attract me. And finally, and this reason is truthfully the biggest, 4.) The Swans have probably the my favorite jersies in the whole league. The white and gold looks great.

ESPN Soccernet has a blogger who follows Swansea and Swansea alone; I think he is quite good, and found something especially cool. He analyzed the whole of Swansea's year, and did a good job of it. Here is the link, http://blogs.espncricinfo.com/swansea/, so you can enjoy that. I'll be back with more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment